The University of Maryland (UMD) A. James Clark School of Engineering invites you to attend an Advanced Transportation Technologies Day open house event, offering the opportunity to explore some of the region's most state-of-the-art transportation labs, just ahead of one of the year's busiest travel weekends.
Advanced Transportation Technologies Day
University of Maryland, College Park
Thursday, August 28, 2014
8:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Get an exclusive first look at the Labor Day weekend traffic trends map
- Learn where to spot the worst bottlenecks in the region
- Find out how to steer clear of the area's most dangerous roads
- Hear firsthand how UMD transportation engineers are improving hurricane evacuation routes, contributing to regional development efforts, and creating intelligent systems for incident response and traffic management.
Tour will include:
- Center of Advanced Transportation Technology Lab (CATT Lab)
- Traffic Safety and Operations Lab
- National Transportation Center
- Metropolitan Area Transportation Operations Coordination (MATOC)
View the full Advanced Transportation Technologies Day agenda online.
The CATT Lab, Traffic Safety and Operations Lab and National Transportation Center are located in the Jeong H. Kim Engineering Building and Glenn L. Martin Hall, highlighted on the UMD campus map. Attendees should park in Lot XX1—highlighted in green—in the metered parking section. MATOC is located a short walk from the College Park metro station, and is accessible from campus via the UMD shuttle.